Primary Years Program (PYP) & Middle Years Program (MYP)
Encounter Lutheran College is an authorised IB World School for both the Primary Years and Middle Years Programs. As an IB World School we share, with other World Schools, the philosophy that we are committed to high quality, challenging, international education that we believe is important for our students to be able to “stand out” as future scholars and preferred employees.
The aim of all IB Programs is to develop internationally-minded people who, recognising their common humanity and shared guardianship of the planet, help to create a better and more peaceful world.
IB learners strive to be:
This program enables the College to respond to local interests while providing an international framework for learning. We develop in our students an enjoyment of learning, strong skills, a positive sense of identity, and cultural awareness through:
- Balanced study across a broad range of subjects
- An emphasis on language, acquisition and development
- Interdisciplinary learning
- The development of learning skills
- An opportunity for individual and collaborative planning and research
- A community service component requiring action and reflection
For more information about the IB and its programs visit www.ibo.org