Welcome to the Encounter Parent Lounge.
Please find relevant information in the downloads below to enable quick access to College Services.
COVID- 19 Communications
Online Learning Assistance Guide
- Kelvin Grivell Update 1 – 20 July 2021
- Kelvin Grivell Update 2 – 27 July 2021
- Kelvin Grivell Update 3 – 3 August 2021
- Kelvin Grivell Update 4 – 10 August 2021
- Essential Worker List
Middle & Senior School Updates
Junior School Updates
Wellbeing Team Updates
2021 Parent Handbook
2021 Calendar Dates
2021 Term Dates
ENCOUNTER TERM DATES 2021
Wednesday 27th January – Thursday 8th April
Foundation – Year 7
Thursday 28th January – Thursday 8th April
Year 8 – Year 12
Tuesday 27th April – Friday 25th June
Monday 19th July – Friday 24th September
Monday 11th October – Wednesday 8th December
STUDENT FREE DAYS 2021
Parent/Teacher Interview Day – Friday 9th April
Student Free Week – Monday 28th June – Friday 2rd July
College Student Free Day – Friday 3rd September
Lunch orders can be placed each day and are supplied to the College as follows:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday – “Goods to Go”
Please note that these orders are via the Qkr! app which can be downloaded from your applicable app store.
Wednesday – Subway
This can be ordered via the subway envelopes that are located in the Front Office.
Bus Services (Willunga Charters)
Willunga Charters is Encounter Lutheran College’s partner for our bus services and they have recently partnered with BusMinder. BusMinder is an app that allows parents to have real time information on their children and whether they have boarded or deboarded, where it occurred and at what time. This app allows parents to see at a glance where the bus is along the route and have access to historical information.
The BusMinder App is available via the Apple Store or Google Play for your device.
Click here to view the Encounter Lutheran College Bus Network, Routes and Timetables.
Willunga Charters takes our student’s safety seriously and this App provides families with peace of mind knowing where their child/ren are along our bus routes in real time.
Bus passes are required to board and if your student happens to lose their pass or their pass no longer works, a new card can be purchased from Encounter’s Student Services. This is cost for a replacement card and covers are also available.
Zone 1 $145 per term ($2.90 per day)
Zone 2 $165 per term ($3.30 per day)
Zone 3 $195 per term ($3.90 per day)
Zone 4 $215 per term ($4.30 per day)
$5.00 per trip with limited spaces available daily.
In using our Bus Services, it is Encounter’s expectation that all students present their bus passes entering and exiting the bus (tap on and tap off). It is also an expectation that Encounter students are polite, respectful and adhere to instructions of the driver at all times.
Our buses have CCTV cameras in use, are seat-belted and airconditioned. It is expected that students are well-behaved, remain seated and have their seatbelts on at all times.
Water can be consumed on the bus, however no other foods are permitted.
It is expected that any repairs from any willful damage will be covered by the student/s responsible.
In the event a student fails to comply with these responsibilities, they may be suspended from using this bus service.
Please note that bus routes are determined in November of each year for the following year and priced accordingly. No changes to routes will occur in between where pricing and current timetables will be impacted.
Hearts & Minds - College Newsletter
Enjoy reading our fortnightly College Newsletter – Hearts & Minds
- Hearts & Minds Term 3 Issue 4 2021
- Hearts & Minds Term 3 Issue 3 2021
- Hearts & Minds Term 3 Issue 2 2021
- Hearts & Minds Term 3 Issue 1 2021
- Hearts & Minds Term 2 Issue 5 2021
- Hearts & Minds Term 2 Issue 4 2021
- Hearts & Minds Term 2 Issue 3 2021
- Hearts & Minds Term 2 Issue 2 2021
- Hearts & Minds Term 2 Issue 1 2021
- Hearts & Minds Term 1 Issue 6 2021
- Hearts & Minds Term 1 Issue 5 2021
- Hearts & Minds Term 1 Issue 4 2021
- Hearts & Minds Term 1 Issue 3 2021
- Hearts & Minds Term1 Issue 1 2021
- Hearts & Minds Term 1 Issue 5 2020
- Hearts & Minds Term 1 Issue 1 2020
Volunteering at Encounter
ENCOUNTER LUTHERAN COLLEGE VOLUNTEER PROCEDURE
The directive from the Association of Independent Schools South Australia (AISSA) for Volunteers at Encounter Lutheran College is outlined below.
- Complete and return Volunteer Registration Form.
- Obtain DCSI (Department for Communities and Social Inclusion) Working with Children Check
When Encounter receives your completed Volunteer Registration Form, the DCSI will contact you via email. They will send you a link you need to click on and follow to complete the screening process. It could take a few weeks for you to receive another email from Department of Communities and Social Inclusion with confirmation of your official notification of your Screening Clearance.
- All volunteers must complete online training for “Responding to Abuse and Neglect – Education and Care” (RAN-EC for Volunteers). It takes approximately 90 minutes to complete and there is no cost.
The web address: https://www.plink.sa.edu.au/pages/signup.jsf
- On completion of the online course you will be issued a
- Either email the certificate to email@example.com or print and give a copy to the Front Office.
- The nominated site leaders are Kelvin Grivell, Penny McKenzie and Tori Weiss.
- It is compulsory you attend one of the following Volunteer Training Sessions at the College:
Monday 8th February 6pm
Tuesday 9th February 9am
Monday 3rd May 6pm
Tuesday 4th May 9am
Monday 26th July 6pm
Tuesday 27th July 9am
Monday 18th October 6pm
Tuesday 19th October 9am
- When you have completed all four above requirements,
- Completed Encounter Lutheran Volunteer Registration Form.
- Received clearance from Department Communities and Social Inclusion Screening Check
- Attended a Volunteer Training Session at Encounter Lutheran.
- Completed Responding to Abuse and Neglect – Education and Care and given a copy of your certificate to Encounter Lutheran,
you will then receive a letter of acceptance to commence your volunteer participation at Encounter Lutheran College. The College reserves the right to decline an application.
Please do not hesitate to contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Sara Bruce
SEQTA Engage - Middle & Senior Portal
Welcome to our Middle and Senior School Learning Management System SEQTA Engage. To access this system, please click on the link below.
This system gives you access to your child’s:
- Timetable for the week including teacher details and room numbers)
- Assessments (all current assessments, due dates, overview of tasks and rubrics – along with past assessed work and feedback from teachers)
- Online lessons
We are excited to be able to share the information with you and look forward to sharing more functions of this new system as the year progresses.
As always, if you have any queries or concerns, or simply require further support in setting up your account, please do not hesitate to contact us here at the College.