Welcome to the Encounter Parent Lounge.
Please find relevant information in the downloads below to enable quick access to College Services.
COVID- 19 Communications
- Kelvin Grivell Update 6 – 6 April 2020
- Kelvin Grivell Update 5 – 25 March 2020
- Kelvin Grivell Update 4 – 24 March 2020
- Kelvin Grivell Update 3 – 19 March 2020
- Kelvin Grivell Update 2 – 17 March 2020
- Kelvin Grivell Update 1 – 15 March 2020
Middle & Senior School Updates
Junior School Updates
Wellbeing Team Updates
2020 Parent Handbook
Calendar Dates 2020
2020 Term Dates & Public Holidays
ENCOUNTER TERM DATES 2020
Tuesday 28th January – Wednesday 8th April
Foundation – Year 7
Wednesday 29th January – Wednesday 8th April
Year 8 – Year 12
Monday 27th April – Friday 26th June
Monday 20th July – Friday 25th September
Monday 12th October – Wednesday 9th December
STUDENT FREE DAYS 2020
Parent/Teacher Interview Day – Thursday 9th April
Student Free Week – Monday 29th June – Friday 3rd July
College Student Free Day – Friday 4th September
Lunch orders can be placed each day and are supplied to the College as follows:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday – “Goods to Go”
Please note that these orders are via the Qkr! app which can be downloaded from your applicable app store.
Wednesday – Subway
This can be ordered via the subway envelopes that are located in the Front Office.
Bus Timetable 2020
Hearts & Minds - College Newsletter
Enjoy reading our fortnightly College Newsletter – Hearts & Minds
- Hearts & Minds Term 4 Issue 4 2019
- Hearts & Minds Term 4 Issue 3 2019
- Hearts & Minds Term 4 Issue 2 2019
- Hearts & Minds Term 4 Issue 1 2019
- Hearts & Minds Term 3 Issue 5 2019
- Hearts & Minds Term 3 Issue 4 2019
- Hearts & Minds Term 3 Issue 3 2019
- Hearts & Minds Term 3 Issue 2 2019
- Hearts & Minds Term 3 Issue 1 2019
- Hearts & Minds Term 2 Issue 5 2019
- Hearts & Minds Term 2 Issue 4 2019
- Hearts & Minds Term 2 Issue 3 2019
- Hearts & Minds Term 2 Issue 2 2019
- Hearts & Minds Term 2 Issue 1 2019
- Hearts & Minds Term 1 Issue 6 2019
- Hearts & Minds Term 1 Issue 5 2019
- Hearts & Minds Term 1 Issue 4 2019
- Hearts & Minds Term 1 Issue 3 2019
- Hearts & Minds Term 1 Issue 2 2019
- Hearts & Minds Term 1 Issue 1 2019
Volunteering at Encounter
ENCOUNTER LUTHERAN COLLEGE VOLUNTEER PROCEDURE
The directive from the Association of Independent Schools South Australia (AISSA) for Volunteers at Encounter Lutheran College is outlined below.
- Complete and return Volunteer Registration Form (attached).
- Obtain DHS (Department of Human Services) Working with Children Screening.
When Encounter receives your completed Volunteer Registration Form, the Department of Human Services will contact you via email. They will send you a link you need to click on and follow to complete the screening process. It could take a few weeks for you to receive another email from Department of Human Services with confirmation of your official notification of your Screening Clearance.
- All volunteers must complete online training for “Responding to Abuse and Neglect – Education and Care” (RAN-EC for Volunteers). It takes approximately 90 minutes to complete and there is no cost.
The web address: https://www.plink.sa.edu.au/pages/signup.jsf
- On completion of the online course you will be issued a
- Either email the certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org or print and give a copy to the Front Office.
- The nominated site leaders are Kelvin Grivell, Penny McKenzie and Tori Weiss.
- It is compulsory you attend one of the following Volunteer Training Sessions at the College:
Term 1 – 6 February Thursday 6pm 7 February Friday 9am
Term 2 – 7 May Thursday 6pm 8 May Friday 9am
Term 3 – 30 July Thursday 6pm 31July Friday 9am
Term 4 – 22 October Thursday 6pm 23 October Friday 9am
- When you have completed all four above requirements,
- Completed Encounter Lutheran Volunteer Registration Form.
- Received clearance from Department Human Services Screening Check
- Attended a Volunteer Training Session at Encounter Lutheran.
- Completed Responding to Abuse and Neglect – Education and Care and given a copy of your certificate to Encounter Lutheran,
you will then receive a letter of acceptance to commence your volunteer participation at Encounter Lutheran College. The College reserves the right to decline an application.
Please do not hesitate to contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Carolyn Brunt
SEQTA Engage - Middle & Senior Portal
- SEQTA Engage – Middle & Senior Portal