Welcome to the Encounter Parent Lounge.
Please find relevant information in the downloads below to enable quick access to College Services.
2018 Parent Handbook
Calendar Dates 2018
Lunch orders can be placed each day and are supplied to the College as follows:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday – “Goods to Go”
Wednesday – Subway
Junior School students can place their orders via their classroom trays and Middle & Senior School students via the Front Office.
Bus Timetable 2018
Hearts & Minds - College Newsletter
Enjoy reading our fortnightly College Newsletter – Hearts & Minds
Volunteering at Encounter
To be able to participate in classroom activities such as ‘guided reading’, excursions and camps, each individual needs to complete both online and in-house training and obtain a National Police Check.
The directive from the Association of Independent School South Australia (AISSA) for volunteer training is outlined below.
- Obtain Police check Please be aware that there could be a waiting period of several weeks to obtain a Police Clearance. Please see below for this procedure.
- Complete and return Volunteer Registration Form which can be obtained from the Front Office
- Complete online training for “Responding to Abuse and Neglect – Education and Care (RAN-EC) online induction session for volunteers”. It takes approximately 90 minutes to complete and there is no cost.
Print the Certificate of Completion and bring to the College office.
The web address: https://www.plink.sa.edu.au/pages/signup.jsf
The nominated site leaders are Kelvin Grivell, Penny McKenzie and
- Attend one of the Volunteer Training Sessions at the College
Term 1 – 8 February Thursday 6pm 9 February Friday 9am
Term 2 – 10 May Thursday 6pm 11 May Friday 9am
Term 3 – 2 August Thursday 6pm 3 August Friday 9am
Term 4 – 25 October Thursday 6pm 26 October Friday 9am
You will receive a letter of acceptance to commence your volunteer participation at Encounter Lutheran College. The College reserves the right to decline an application.
For further information please contact:
Volunteer Police Check Procedures 2018
- Visit the SA Police Website police.sa.gov.au
- Fill in 1st page on-line and then print the entire document.
- Return the form in person to the Police Station with 100 point ID check.
- Bring to the College to have the VOAN number (Volunteer authorisation number) and the Principal’s signature completed (this enables the College to pay for the Police Check and post it for you).
- Your Police Certificate will be sent directly to you, we then need to sight it at the College and record the number on our records.
Alternatively, a Fast Police Clearance Check can be obtained through this link here.
Generally this will take 24 hours and will be at your own expense.